My New Website - CARDS BY LOUISE

My New Website - CARDS BY LOUISE
Please click the picture to visit my New Website!

Sunday 20 February 2011

Darkroom Door Workshop

I had such fun yesterday - I went to Dawn Bibby's Design Studio for a Darkroom Door Workshop. And the workshop was delivered by none other than Rachel Greig, one of the founders of Darkroom Door.
We made four cards using some fantastic stamps from the Paris collection:

Here are the cards in more detail:


Stamped onto glossy card, coloured with Marvy Le Plume pens and mounted. Simple but extremely effective.

This card was made using a Grungeboard shape and distressing the edges of the image and sentiment. I've never used Grungeboard before but I'm pretty sure it wont be long before I have some in my stash!



Another first for me - Alcohol Inks!! I coloured the glossy card with alcohol inks and then stamped over it with the Montmarte stamp. The background card was stamped with a ticket stamp in Sepia.



For this card, I stamped the Eiffel Tower image twice, distressed the backgrounds and then cut out one of the Towers. This was simply mounted on 3D foam. Finally, I added Glossy Accents to the Paris postmark to give it definition. Stunning!
I cant wait for my next workshops!!
Have a nice weekend xx

1 comment:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Those are gorgeous Louise, I bet you had a fab time! What a fun workshop to do.
Katie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive